Explore exciting Medical Office Assistant opportunities in Langley!
MOAs play a vital role in running an efficient family practice. The Langley Division of Family Practice (LDFP) works with over 40 family practices to provide support and assistance to the Physicians and staff where needed. To support MOAs in optimizing their skills and provide them with a way to share ideas that can benefit others, the Langley Division has helped form a local MOA network. Support, education and training along with collaboration are part of the network. This past year LDFP has been working with the practices to help recruit new MOAs to Langley and has also created a MOA Locum Pool, which would allow for better MOA coverage in Langley, especially for sick time and holidays. This gives many MOAs the experience to support in a variety of practices in Langley.
We are very interested in meeting with capable MOA candidates that would be interested in working in Langley.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, patients, and external agencies
- Knowledge of health administrative practices and ability to adhere to organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel & EMR (an asset)
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise
- Ability to research, gather & interpret data and prepare reports or other correspondence as required
- Knowledge of or experience with MSP, ICBC & WCB billing codes and procedures is an asset
Expected entry level MOA duties:
- Answer telephone
- Checking voicemail
- Educate patients about clinic procedures
- EMR management / File & update medical charts
- EMR task management
- Ensuring daily paperwork completed (scans/TCIs/Referrals)
- Escort patient to exam room
- Maintain records of office supplies and inventory
- Notify patients of availability of laboratory results
- Opening & closing clinic
- Respond to office mail and emails
- Schedule appointments & appointment maintenance
- Send letters
- Set up/clean patient rooms
- Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy
- Work in reception (greet patients)
Expected senior level MOA duties:
- Baby measurements
- Carry out patient history interviews (limited depending on history)
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Give prevention reminders
- Immunization set up
- Measure patients weight and height
- Monitor patients (in clinic) after tests and immunizations
- Monitor/record medical inventory levels
- Prenatal, CPX and pap set up (including weights & BP)
- Prepare patient for examination
- Restock supplies in patient rooms
- Review and submit MSP, ICBC & WCB billing claims
- Take and record vital signs
- Triage patients over the telephone using a protocol to determine the acuity of the visit and the visit-length for scheduling purposes.
We are very interested in meeting with strong MOA candidates and would like to help match you with a clinic in need as soon as possible. If you are looking for a MOA position here in Langley, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and indication your employment preferences (Locum, part-time or full time).
Current employment opportunities:
Full-Time MOA (in Murrayville area) – Starting Immediately
A busy multi-doctor office is looking for an MOA 30-40 hours/week starting immediately. Applicants must be available for evenings and weekends.
Applicant must have MOA Certification, experience with Profile is preferred. Hourly is based on experience.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with training as an MOA to join our team of inter-professional (MD/NP/RN) providers delivering person centered longitudinal health care that is fully aligned with the evolution towards patient medical homes.
Please include cover letter.
Are you MOA Certified and looking for on call hours? We are always looking for MOA locums!
Please send all resumes and preferred positions to email@example.com